Registering for an Account
This helpsheet takes you through registering for an account.
Though you can view community websites without logging in, you need to register for an account in order to use some of the more advanced features:
- Applying for, or managing, a community website.
- Becoming a member of a community.
- Participating in discussions and surveys.
In order to register you need a working email address.
- Go to the site's homepage.
- Click on Register.
- Enter your email address and name, and choose a password. You need to enter the password twice.
- Click OK
- Read the Terms and Conditions by clicking the link. Tick the box to accept and press OK. You must accept the Terms and Conditions to use the site.
- An email will be sent to you to confirm your registration. Follow the instructions on the email to log in. If the email doesn't arrive please check for it in your 'junk' or 'spam' email folder, if applicable.
- After clicking the link in the email you will be able to log in.
- Once you have logged in, you can click Your Account to change your details.
Please note that for security reasons when you are logged in if you are inactive for more than 20 minutes you will be required to reenter your password to continue using the service.