An introduction to dotConsult
As an introduction to the power and range of tools available in the dotConsult application, this course will take participants through a process which will enable them to consider the requirements for a successful online consultation. From an introduction in how to manage the system, content requirements and building a user base, this will provide an overview upon which future courses will build.
To improve on the skills learned on this course attendees should consider the dotConsult for administrators course.
- Gain an insight into the overall philosophy and structure of the software solution
- Obtain an understanding of the power and range of applications available for administrators and users
- Receive hands-on training that will enable them to begin to use the system. (This will be expanded in later courses to provide grounding in techniques useful in building more in depth consultations online)
By the end of this course attendees will be made aware of:
- The importance of public and private consultations and applications
- Users, groups and privileges
- How to develop online consultations and link them to research panels
- In addition they will be more confident at creating content online
- Attendees must be comfortable using computers and the internet
- Room with screen which can take standard monitor VGA input
- Internet connected machine per course attendee
The course length is four hours (classroom style)