An introduction to dotCommunity
As an introduction to the power and range of tools available in the dotCommunity application, this course will take participants through a process which will enable them to consider the requirements for a successful online community. From an introduction in how to manage the system, content requirements and building a user base, this will provide an overview upon which future courses can be built.
To improve on the skills learned on this course attendees should consider the dotCommunity for administrators course.
- Gain an insight into the overall philosophy and structure of the software
- Obtain an understanding of the power and range of applications available for administrators and users
- Receive hands-on training that will enable them to begin to use the system.
(In later courses additional techniques will be introduced which further assist in building robust and popular communities online)
By the end of this course attendees will be made aware of:
- The differences between private and public areas
- Users, groups and privileges
- What a content management system offers over other web publishing solutions
- In addition they will be more confident at creating content online
- Attendees must be comfortable using computers and the Internet
- Room with screen which can take standard monitor VGA input
- Internet connected machine per course attendee
The course length is four hours (classroom style)